Society of Economic Geologists (SEG/CODES) 2015 Conference: World-Class Ore Deposits: Discovery to Recovery
September 27-30, 2015
Hobart, TAS, Australia
This joint SEG-CODES Conference will include key presentations from leaders in research and industry on the discovery of world-class ore deposits, their geology and the recovery of metals from ores, and cover the issues and controversies that affect exploration. Key sub-themes with new examples:
- Theme 1: Ores in subduction-related arcs: new examples; relations and controls (David Cooke)
- Theme 2: Ores in sedimentary environments: new examples; sources, transport, deposition and hydrology (Ross Large)
- Theme 3: Magmatic deposits: new examples; characteristics and mechanisms (Steve Barnes)
- Theme 4: Geometallurgy through the mining chain (Julie Hunt)
- Theme 5: Post-collisional ores: new examples; characteristics, relationships and genesis (Anthony Harris)
- Theme 6: IOCG and magnetite-apatite deposits: similarities, differences, controls and genesis (Garry Davidson)
- Theme 7: Iron Deposits (Victoria Hough)
- Theme 8: Exploration under cover (Roger Skirrow-SGA Session)
- Theme 9: Mining geology (Margie Scott)
Short courses will look at skarn deposits, sediment-hosted gold deposits, footprints of major mineralizing systems, and uranium deposits. Field trips will visit major mining districts in Australia, Indonesia, and New Zealand.
SEG and CODES look forward to welcoming you to this unique part of the world and hope you can extend your visit to enjoy some of the best Tasmania has to offer – the food, wine, museums, and wilderness.
Call for Abstract Deadline: April 1, 2015 Website: www.seg2015.org